Apple introduce MacBooks with interactive strip
Apple introduce a new MacBook Thursday that replaces function buttons at the top of the keyboard with also have a new interactive screen called TouchBar.
This MacBook Retina Display-quality horizontal screen adapts its digital keys to whatever you’re working on, whether editing a photo or browsing in Safari.This MacBook TouchBar can also be customized by the user.
Another innovation to the venerable laptop is a new TouchID feature, This MacBook also allows for fingerprint identification access to the device itself as well as website purchase approval, both of which are staples of the iPhone.
This new MacBooks also come in 15-inch and 13-inch sizes. This machines are roughly 15% thinner and lighter than their predecessors. This MacBook display is 67% brighter with 25% more colors. There is also a 13-inch new MacBook available with out the new TouchBar.Price $1499 for the 13-inch without TouchBar, $1799 for the 13-inch with TouchBar and $2399 for the 15-inch with TouchBar. The laptops can be ordered today, with the versions featuring TouchBar shipping in the next two to three weeks.
Other companies also are working on making sure their products work with TouchPad, Apple executives said. For example, Microsoft will make Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Skype for Business work with TouchBar shortcuts.
“It’s the gold standard in notebooks,” said Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller, bringing up an image of Apple’s original laptop from the early days of mobile computing.
“This new MacBooks are 6.8 million times faster than that first device,” he said. “Put another way, a full year of compute time can be accomplished in less than 5 seconds on the new MacBook Pro.”
Apple CEO Tim Cook also declare a new app for Apple TV simply called TV, or formerly known as the Videos app.
Click on the TV app – This is also will appear on your iPad or iPhone – and everything you’ve been watching, whether it’s a purchased movie or your binge-TV fare, automatically surfaces. It will be available by the end of the year.
Siri also comes into play with the new TV app. Ask what football games are playing, and the app immediately pulls up every game that is playing live at that moment.
“Now there’s a unified TV experience, one place to discover and enjoy your favorite shows across your devices,” said Cook.
It remains to be seen if these laptop upgrades will be enough to move the sales needle this upcoming holiday season. Significantly, this product event comes just days after the company reported its first annual sales drop in 15 years, largely due to slowing iPhone sales.
Apple fiscal year 2016 revenue of $215.6 billion declined 8% from the $233.7 billion it rang up the previous fiscal year. The fourth-quarter results mark Apple’s third consecutive quarter of declining revenue and iPhone shipments.
Apple shares dropped 3% on the earnings news, and was down 0.5% Thursday to $115.01.
- Apple iPhone X - Upcoming iPhone 2017
- New Apple watch series 2 all features and review
- Apple CEO Tim Cook:I can't help contradicting Trump on Charlottesville
- USA:Applebee's and IHOP plans to close up to 160 restaurants
- Apple:Upcoming iOS 11 And iOS 11 new features
- Apple WWDC 2017: watchOS 4 Unveiled With Siri Watch Face, Better Activity
- Apple's Siri speaker
- Apple announced Swift Playgrounds to robots education programming iPad app
- Qualcomm may considering nuclear option in battle with Apple
- Mac Pro Is Fully Redesigned, Apple Declare, for Launch in 2018
- Apple Launch : iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Now in a New Red Colour Brand
- Apple Retailers Selling iPhone SE Price 19,999 With Cash Back Offer
- What Apple is planning? Total iPhone 8 features
- Apple:launched 4 new ads for the iPad Pro
- Apple Fifth Avenue store New York